Saturday, September 4, 2010

M&M Cookies




It's an exciting day in the Herring household today. It's a day we look forward to each year around this time....1st day of college football and the first USF home game! Hubs and I both went to the University of South Florida and are season ticket holders. Tonight is the first game, so I decided to make a sweet treat for the tailgate. I've never made M&M cookies and figured it would be cute to make them with green and gold M&M's. I bought a HUGE bag of M&M's and picked out all of the green and gold ones. I'm sure I'll be using all the leftover M&M's for some Halloween treats very soon.

Ingredients:
2 sticks of butter (1 cup)
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs (I used Egg Beaters)
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cup M&M's
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Beat sugars and butter until light and fluffy.
3. Blend in eggs and vanilla.
4. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
5. Stir in 1 cup of the M&M’S & chocolate chips.
6. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. *I used a melon scoop for perfectly round cookies.
7. Press additional M&M's into each cookie.
8. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Let cool for a minute and move to a wire rack.
*Makes 5 dozen

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished