Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wedding Time Capsule




When I started planning my wedding, I knew there were a lot of elements I wanted to do myself. I was determined to put personal touches on as much as I could. I wanted my guests to walk around and say "that's totally Leah &/or Derek". While looking through of my DIY magazines, I found this time capsule idea. I loved it and thought it would be a fun addition to the cocktail hour. The time capsule was set out on a table in the middle of our cocktail hour and guests could fill out the cards after they grabbed a drink and some food.
For this project I needed card stock, wrapping paper, ribbon, a box, a frame, thin sharpies, scissors. I printed two sets of card stock with a heading of "In Five Years..." or "In Ten Years...". I used a cute font and colors that matched the wedding decor. I bought a square box from Michael's and wrapped it with Damask black and white paper (from Michael's too). After wrapping the box, I made a slit in the top big enough for the pieces of card stock to fit in. One of my bridesmaids, Brittany also added a coral ribbon bow with a pearl center to the front of the box. At the wedding, the card stock was set out, along with the box and various thin sharpie markers. I made a black with pearl frame to give guests directions on what to do.

Predict the Future of Mr. & Mrs. Herring
1. Select a time 5 or 10 years ahead.
2. Write your predictions on the card that corresponds to the number of years ahead you want Derek and Leah to read your message (5 or 10 years).
3. Slip the card in the time capsule.
From what I've heard our guests really enjoyed this little "activity" and we can't wait to open the capsule in 5 years to see what everyone wrote!

2 comments :

  1. Nice blog.
    Visit Match finder's Madiga Mala matrimony portal for finding the life partner you always wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! amazing post..
    For the best Lebanese bride and groom profiles, register on allyseek's Lebanese matrimony.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished