Monday, October 11, 2010

Chocolate Coconut Bars


This recipe caught my eye for many reasons...
1-I LOVE coconut!
2-I usually have all of these ingredients in my fridge at most times.
3-I could make it in 20 minutes.
This is another recipe from my 2004 Taste of Home mini book. This recipe definitely didn't disappoint. I used reduced fat ingredients and it was still tasty. I recommend putting it in the fridge after the chocolate has had time to cool. It helped harden mine a bit and made cutting easier. Enjoy!


Ingredients
1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup flaked coconut
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped nuts
Directions
Unroll crescent roll dough into one long rectangle on an ungreased baking sheet; seal seams and perforations. Roll out into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle, building up dough around edges.
In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and egg until smooth; stir in coconut. Spread over crust.
Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until cream cheese mixture is set. Immediately sprinkle with chips. Let stand for 5 minutes; spread melted chips over the top.
Sprinkle with nuts. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished