Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin Chip Cookies




Another FABULOUS pumpkin recipe was conquered in my kitchen last weekend. This is another recipe from the Taste of Home 2004 book my grandmother saved for me. These were hands down the best pumpkin cookie recipe I've tasted. They were easy to make-even though I ended up spending a few hours in the kitchen because the recipe makes 10 dozen. My husband said these tasted chocolate chip ginger snaps. They were the prefect filling to the Halloween treat bags I made for my team at work. Happy Baking!

Ingredients
1-1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups quick-cooking oats
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10 dozen.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished