Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chocolate Ganache Cake



I came across this recipe on one of my favorite recipe blogs Keeping Up with the Jonses . I made it for dessert on Thanksgiving. It went perfectly with our pumpkin pie and ice cream cake. I made the cake at my parents house, since mom didn't have round pans I used a bundt pan. It still worked very well. I'm a huge chocolate lover and I couldn't only get through a small slice of this cake. Chocolate overload! Next time, I would use half of the Heath bar crumbs in the middle layer of icing. Overall, a delicious dessert! Enjoy.

Chocolate Ganache Cake

Ingredients:
1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist chocolate fudge cake mix
water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on box
1 container Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
1/3 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 bars (1/4 oz each) Heath bar, roughly chopped (*or if you store sells it, a half of a bag of Heath Bar crumbles)

Instructions:

Bake and cool cake according to box directions (make 2 layers, in 8 or 9 inch pans)

Place one layer, rounded side down on serving platter. Spread with about 1/3 cup frosting. Top with second layer, rounded side up. Frost top and side of cake with remaining frosting.

In 1 qt saucepan, heat whipping cream over medium-high heat until hot (do not boil). Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Let this cool until it thickens. You'll know this is ready when it mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon (and isn't runny). Pour over top of cake and let it run down sides. Top with Heath Bar.


Refrigerate about 1 hour until chocolate is set before serving. Store covered in the refrigerator.

1 comment :

  1. YUM! My husband would LOVE this! HE is such a dark chocolate fan!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished