Friday, March 30, 2012

Gender Reveal Party




As soon as we found out we were pregnant, I knew I wanted to throw a gender reveal party.  I had seen so many cute ideas on Pinterest and thought it would be the perfect way to share with close friends and family what Baby Herring would be.  I started planning the party at about 14 weeks.  I used my time off for spring break to get most of the decorations done, most of which involved my Cricut.  I tried to use as many things as possible from my craft room to create things for the reveal.  Luckily I had a wreath, yarn, ribbon and tons of blue and pink paper.  I planned a small menu since the party was at 3 in the afternoon on a Sunday.  We served lemonade, water, sangria and little sandwiches, pasta salad, spinach dip and fruit.  It ended up being the perfect amount of food.  For the reveal we used an empty box we found at Office Depot and 8 balloons.  Since we already had found out what Baby Herring was 2 days before the party, we knew what color to buy and fill the box with.  As soon as everyone arrived for the party, we revealed outside in our front yard.  My parents and best friend were ready to rip the box open if they had to wait any longer.   Hubs cut the tape and I helped the balloons out of the box.  We let some into the air and taped the others to the box for pictures.  We had such a wonderful time at the party and can't wait to show Avery the pictures of when all her aunts and uncles found out she was a girl!
P.S. Most of our family and friends thought she would be a he! 



























Like it? Share it!


7 comments :

  1. What a cute baby party!! I love it. Showing love from the www.thecraftyreporter.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all so cute!! You did an amazing job...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! Cutest party EVER! I need to get party tips from YOU! :)
    Congrats on a girl.. so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son's name is Avery too! This is such a fun idea! I'll have to suggest this to my sister in law for her next baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love all of your inspirtation! I am planning to do a gender reveal party with our family this time around! Looks like so much more fun than the ultrasound tech just telling you. My friend is going to do a box of balloons or a cake so we are surprised too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute ideas! I am pregnant with my second baby and holding out until the big moment to find out the gender, but I love your ideas. I just wrote a piece on my blog about this decision and linked back to your blog... http://brittasbanter.wordpress.com/2012/08/29/to-find-out-babys-gender-or-not/
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished