Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tater- Tot Casserole





One thing I've loved since being pregnant is tater tots.  They are one of the many carbs that got me through the first trimester.  As soon as I came across this recipe (on Pinterest), I knew it would be one hubs and I would both enjoy.  The only thing I didn't love about it was there wasn't any veggies.  So I decided to add some corn and peas to it.  Adding the veggies ended up giving it a great texture.  I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed it as much without them. This recipe earned two thumbs up and the great thing is, I have half of all the ingredients left over to make it again next week.  Enjoy!


Tater-Tot Casserole
SERVES 4

  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 1/2 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery or cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
  • 1 16oz package frozen tater tots
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • salt & pepper
  • 1/2 can of corn
  • 1/3 cup of frozen peas 
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Brown ground beef. season with salt & pepper.
  3. Add chopped onion, cook until tender.
  4. In a casserole dish, combine ground beef mixture & cream soup along with frozen peas and canned corn.
  5. Top mixture with tater tots and additional salt and pepper. 
  6. Bake , uncovered, for 30-40 minutes till bubbly and Tots are golden brown.
  7. remove from oven & top with cheese, return to oven until melted.
  8. Enjoy!







No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished