One thing I've loved since being pregnant is tater tots. They are one of the many carbs that got me through the first trimester. As soon as I came across this recipe (on Pinterest), I knew it would be one hubs and I would both enjoy. The only thing I didn't love about it was there wasn't any veggies. So I decided to add some corn and peas to it. Adding the veggies ended up giving it a great texture. I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed it as much without them. This recipe earned two thumbs up and the great thing is, I have half of all the ingredients left over to make it again next week. Enjoy!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery or cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 1 16oz package frozen tater tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 can of corn
- 1/3 cup of frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef. season with salt & pepper.
- Add chopped onion, cook until tender.
- In a casserole dish, combine ground beef mixture & cream soup along with frozen peas and canned corn.
- Top mixture with tater tots and additional salt and pepper.
- Bake , uncovered, for 30-40 minutes till bubbly and Tots are golden brown.
- remove from oven & top with cheese, return to oven until melted.