Monday, November 19, 2012

Turkey Wreath


How cute is this turkey wreath?  I pinned it a few weeks back and couldn't wait to make it.  You can find the original tutorial over at Baby Rabies.  I'm not going to reinvent the wheel because her tutorial is fabulous.  
But, I will tell you a few things I did to save money and a trip to the store....

1.  Instead of using a styrofoam cone, I used yellow card stock.  I folded it to make a cone and hot glued the back to the wreath. 
2.  I didn't use styrofoam balls for the eyes.  Again, I used card stock.  I cut 2 white circles, then two black.  I glued them together for the eyes.  Then, I glued a toothpick onto the back of the eyes and stuck it into the wreath.  
3.  I didn't have yellow tulle so I used white instead.  
4.  I used red felt for the waddle instead of foam.  

I just love how it looks on my door!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished