Friday, November 29, 2013

Caramel Apple Baked Donuts


I took the week off work this week, which means I have some time to catch up on my blogging.  I made these donuts back in October.  Back then, we were doing good with making donuts at home on Saturday mornings.  It's a tradition we've been slacking on the past month!

I picked up this cake mix from Target.  I had never seen it before and knew I could put it to good use, not really having an idea what I would make with it.  Since there was an icing that paired with it, I picked it up too.  

While going through my cake mixes to see which one I was going to use for donuts, I decided to give this one a try.  I was hoping they would be the perfect fall donut.  The baked donuts are so simple to make.  This is the recipe I used as my guide for making these donuts.  I was very pleased with how they came out.  Hubs preferred the chocolate ones, but my mom and I enjoyed these.  Definitely perfect for a cool fall morning. Enjoy! 

Caramel Apple Baked Donuts

Ingredients:
1 box of caramel apple cake mix 
1 cup of milk 
2 large eggs
1 stick of butter (melted) 
1 can of caramel apple frosting 

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350. Grease donut pan.  
Mix eggs, butter, milk and cake mix.  
Stir until smooth. 
Pour batter into donut pan (1/3 filled). 
Bake 11-13 minutes.  

Let them cool completely.  
Put about half of the container of frosting in a microwavable bowl. 
Microwave for about 20 seconds and stir.  Repeat until the frosting is melted enough for you to easily dip and coat the donuts.  
I dipped some of the donuts and drizzled frosting over the others. 
 After I was done with the frosting, I let them cool a bit.  

Store in an air tight container for 3 days.  I also froze the leftover donuts in a freezer bag.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished