Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Red Velvet Donuts

Looking for the perfect Valentine's Day breakfast? 
You've come to the right place.  

These cake mix donuts are a family favorite and oh so easy to make.  
Enjoy!


Red Velvet Donuts

Ingredients:
1 box of red velvet cake mix
1 cup of milk  (I used almond milk)
2 large eggs
1 stick of butter (melted) 

Icing: 
Confectioners sugar mixed with milk.  I started out with a 1/2 cup of sugar and a tsp of milk.  I added and mixed until I had the consistency I was looking for.  

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350. Grease donut pan.  
Mix eggs, butter, milk and cake mix.  
Stir until smooth. 
Pour batter into donut pan (1/3 filled). 
Bake 11-13 minutes.  

Let them cool completely.  
Prepare the icing.  
I dipped some of the donuts and drizzled frosting over the others. 
 After I was done with the frosting, I let them set out for a bit to let it harden.  



Store in an air tight container for 3 days.  I also froze the leftover donuts in a freezer bag.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished