Friday, January 24, 2014

Crock Pot White Chicken Chili

A friend posted this recipe on her blog this week, I knew I had to make it.  I already had leftover rotisserie chicken in the fridge, so it was a quick trip to the grocery store for the remainder of the ingredients. The original recipe was stove top, but looked easy enough to be done in the crock pot. The dish turned out more like a soup but it was delicious.  I knew it would be a repeat winter meal when hubs finished his bowl in no time.  We had it the next night for leftovers, I looked forward to it all day.  It was still just as good! Enjoy!


Crock Pot White Chicken Chili

Adapted from Gimme Some Oven

Ingredients

  • 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
  • 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
  • 2 (15-oz) cans Great Northern beans, drained
  • 2  7 oz cans of salsa verde 
  • salt and pepper to taste 
  • 1 avocado (sliced)
  • 1 cup mexican cheese mixture 
  • chopped cilantro (about 1 TBS)
  • tortilla strips (I used Archer Farms southwest tortilla strips (salad toppers) 

Directions

Place chicken broth, chicken, beans and salsa verde in the crock pot, stir to combine.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  When it's time to serve top with cheese, avocado, cilantro and tortilla strips.  


**I added my cheese to the bottom of my bowl and poured the soup/chili over the top.  It melted and mixed in perfectly that way**

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished