Sunday, May 13, 2012

Spring Monogram Door Hanger




This project was pinspired, like most of my projects lately.  
We've been in need of door decorations for spring and I knew this would be a quick and easy project.
All you need is a wooden letter, paint, ribbon and embellishments of your choice.  
I bought a plain white letter from Michael's for about $2 (with a coupon).  I already had yellow paint at home and these little flowers with rhinestones in the middle.  I decided to paint diagonal stripes on the monogram.  I didn't measure the out the lines before I painted them.  I just freehanded it.  It's not perfect but that's what gives it character.  After the paint was dry, I hot glued the flowers onto the wooden monogram.  To finish it off, I hot glued about 8 inches of ribbon to the top of the H.  Once it was completely dry, I used the ribbon to hang it off a over the door hook.  Overall, this entire project took just 15 minutes. 
My door is now one of the cutest on the block! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished