Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mod Podge Scrapbook Wall Letters

One thing I knew from the day I found out I was pregnant was that I was going to make his/her name to hang on the wall.  I’ve seen it all over Pinterest and in many of my friends homes.  I love how it looks, especially above the crib.  When we found out our little one was a girl, I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the nursery.  I wanted a grey and white room with pink accents.  We decided on one wall of horizontal stripes at the focal point for the room, it would also be the wall the crib was in front of. 
 As soon as that was finished, I began working on her name for the wall.  It took weeks for me finish this project.  I had to make sure to get the letters I wanted, then came the paper that had to match the nursery, from there we needed to figure out how we wanted to hang them (which I left up to hubs to decide).  I personally think they are the perfect addition to our little one’s nursery, but I’m a little partial =-)

Here is how to make them.  
Materials:
Wooden letters (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)


Scrapbook Paper
Acrylic paint that matches
Mod Podge
Hot Glue
Ribbon
Scissors


Directions: 

  1. Paint the outside and the edges of your letters.  I only did one coat although, it could have used two.  I knew it wouldn’t be obvious to see from far a  away and I honestly didn’t want to take the time to do it.  
2. Trace the letter on scrapbook paper.  Make sure you decide which paper you want to use for which letter.  I used three different pieces of paper for this project.  When you trace the letter, flip It over and make sure you’re tracing it to the decorated side of the paper matches the top of the letter.                                        
3. Cut out the letters.  Do this as carefully as you can so that it matches the letters perfectly,
4. Put Mod Podge on the top of the letter.  Just enough to adhere the scrapbook paper.  After a thin coat of mod podge, place the scrapbook paper on top.  Press it down so that there aren’t any bubbles or raised edges.  
5. After that is dry, apply a layer of Mod Podge to the entire top and sides of the letter.  The back doesn’t matter because it won’t be visible.  
6. Now you’re ready to hang it up.  I decided to glue ribbon to the back and hang the ribbon off of very thin nails in the wall. I put hubs in charge of the leveling and hanging.  

There are so many things you can do with these letters from monograms in your living room to baby shower decorations to door hangers.  The possibilities are endless, ENJOY!










1 comment :

  1. so cute! my niece's name is avery. somehow thats morphed into Avos Babos. hahah.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished