Friday, May 23, 2014

Crumb Cake Donuts

Over the past few months we've fallen out of our Saturday donut tradition.  It's mostly because I'm starving when I get up and don't feel like a. making them and b. waiting the ten minutes for them to bake. It is a goal this summer to get back to that tradition.  

Before our donut hiatus, we made these crumb cake donuts. I love cinnamon sugar, especially on a donut. I usually use this muffin mix to make muffins, which disappear in a flash at our house.  I decided to try to make them in the donut plans this time.  They did not disappoint. Not only were they easy to make they went perfectly with a warm cup of coffee.  Enjoy!






Ingredients: 
1 box of cinnamon swirl crumb cake muffin mix
2/3 cup of water
1 egg

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a bowl, combine the muffin mix, water and egg.  Mix well, getting rid of the clumps.
3. Using a plastic bag (I use sandwich size with a tip cut off) spread the mix into greased donut pans.
*This is the easiest way I have found to put the mix in the pans. It is mess free and makes perfectly round donuts.  Make sure they are about 3/4 full.
4. Top the muffin mix with the crumb cake mixture.  I made sure I pressed it into the top of the muffin mix.
5. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished