Monday, September 22, 2014

Double Chip Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies

Fall is officially here and I couldn't be more excited. To celebrate, I spent some time this weekend baking away. Almost everything I made involved pumpkin. All but one recipe turned out to be a keeper. 

Today, I'm sharing my new cookie recipe with you. I love pumpkin cookies but don't love that sometimes they are too soft and mushy. These cookies were exactly what I was looking for. They had a little crunch on the outside and were soft and chewy on the inside. They have the perfect amount of pumpkin and spice without being too overpowering. I ended up freezing half of them just to keep myself from eating them all. Definitely a recipe that will be used for many years to come. Happy Fall! 

Also, I bought the Hershey's Toll House pumpkin pie chips at Target. I haven't seen them anywhere else this year. 



Ingredients: 
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/3 cups quick cooking oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice 
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup pumpkin spice chips (baking morsels)
2/3 cup mini chocolate chips 

Directions: 
1. Preheat the oven to 350. 
2. Mix the flour, oats, salt, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon together in a bowl. 
3. In a separate mixing bowl combine the butter and sugars until fluffy.  Add the pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract and mix well. 
4. Gradually add the flour mixture and continue to mix until dough is formed. 
5. With a spoon, mix in the pumpkin and chocolate chips. 
6. Line a large cookie pan with a baking mat or parchment paper. 
7. Drop spoonfuls of dough on the pan, I used a medium cookie scoop and fit 12 cookies on each pan. Bake for 13-14 minutes. 
8. Allow to cool for one minute on baking sheet then move to a wire rack to cool completely.  
*Makes about 4 dozen cookies*

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished