Monday, June 28, 2010
If you're looking for a light, sweet, semi-healthy and delicious dessert...look no further! I made this deliciousness this past Sunday for my family and it came out great. I created the recipe myself and didn't do a good job writing things down as I went, so I apologize if it is a bit confusing. ENJOY!!!
1 box of Angel Food Cake Mix
1 lg. tub of cool whip (16 oz) **I used Lite
1 jar of strawberry preserves (18 oz)
1 lg. container of fresh strawberries, cut in half and mixed in a large bowl with sugar (1 tbs)
1. Prepare the Angel Food cake mix in two round cake pans according to directions on box.
2. Allow cake to cool completely.
3. Mix 1/2 of the cool whip with the jar of strawberry preserves.
4. Slice each round cake in half (horizontally), creating two layers.
5. Place one of the bottom layers on a serving dish.
6. Spread the cool whip strawberry mixture on top of the cake and top with fresh strawberries.
7. Place the next layer of cake and repeat #6. Do this for all of the layers of cake.
8. When all layers are placed on top of each other, spread the 2nd 1/2 of the cool whip over the entire cake.
9. Use leftover strawberries to decorate the cake.
10. Place in fridge for a few hours before serving.
⋅ Labels: Dessert