Sunday, June 20, 2010

Black Bean Dip


This weekend my husband and I went to Islamorada with two other couples for a mini vacation (more about out mini vaca on Happily Herring). We had such a fabulous time with lots and lots of tasty food. I made all of the appetizers and desserts for the long weekend and can't wait to share all the recipes with my Simply Made friends. My goal is to get them all posted by the end of the week. To start it off...here is a recipe for black bean dip that was given to me at my bridal shower from my friend Christi (who was with us this weekend).
Black Bean Dip
2 15oz. cans of black beans
1 16 oz. can of pinto beans
1 package of taco seasoning
1/2 cup diced tomato (I used 1 whole fresh tomato)
1 cup chopped cilantro (I used 1/2)

**I added 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese and 2 tbs. green chili salsa to this recipe. I would also recommend having a side of sour cream and salsa set out at the table.

Directions:
Drain and rinse beans well. Mix all ingredients together and enjoy with tortilla chips!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished