Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cowboy Casserole

I love making casseroles.  Anything that takes a few minutes to prepare then goes directly into the oven gets an A in my book.  I came across this Betty Crocker recipe a month or so back while searching for casserole dishes.  I thought that hubs would love it, so I printed and saved it.  I needed a ground meat meal to complete my menu last week and added this one.  I liked this meal and even went back for seconds.  My favorite part was the meat and bean mixture.  Hubs LOVED this meal and went back for a large serving of seconds.  His favorite part was the biscuit mixture on top.  Enjoy! 





1
lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1
can (16 oz) baked beans
1/2
cup barbecue sauce
2
cups Original Bisquick® mix
2/3
cup milk
1
tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
1/2
cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)

  1. Heat oven to 425°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
  2. Stir baked beans and barbecue sauce into beef. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
  3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and butter until soft dough forms.
  4. Drop dough by 12 spoonfuls onto beef mixture.
  5. Bake uncovered 18 to 22 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.




Makes 6 servings (1 1/4 cups each)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished