I've been pretty good about keeping up with my crockpot Monday meals. Of course, Pinterest makes it very easy to find lots of recipes. It is where I came across this one, which was originally From Sandra Lee. I made this recipe with hubs in mind. I'm not a beer fan but was willing to try it out, hoping he would love it. Overall, it only took me 20 minutes to make. I thought it was okay, nothing to write home about. But, hubs enjoyed it. Next time, I would probably add more veggies and do without the green peppers. This is definitely a "man" recipe.
Makes: 4 servings
Cook: 31/2 to 41/2 hours
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced large
- 1 package (16-ounce) diced red potatoes, Reser’s®
- 1 cup frozen diced green pepper, Pictsweet®
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- 11/2 teaspoons garlic salt, McCormick®
- 11/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 can (10-ounce) condensed cheddar cheese soup, Campbell’s®
- 3/4 cup Bass Ale®
- 3/4 cup bacon crumbles, Hormel®
- Fresh chives, finely chopped, for garnish
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine onion, potatoes, and green peppers.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker on top of vegetables.
- In a small bowl, stir together cheddar soup, Bass Ale, and bacon crumbles. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 31/2 to 41/2 hours.
Serving ideas: Serve hot with chive garnish.