Monday, October 24, 2011

Crockpot Cheddar Beer chicken

I've been pretty good about keeping up with my crockpot Monday meals.  Of course, Pinterest makes it very easy to find lots of recipes.  It is where I came across this one, which was originally  From Sandra Lee.  I made this recipe with hubs in mind.  I'm not a beer fan but was willing to try it out, hoping he would love it.  Overall, it only took me 20 minutes to make.  I thought it was okay, nothing to write home about.  But, hubs enjoyed it.  Next time, I would probably add more veggies and do without the green peppers.  This is definitely a "man" recipe. 



Ingredients

Makes: 4 servings
Cook: 31/2 to 41/2 hours
  •  1  large onion, peeled and diced large 
  •  1  package (16-ounce) diced red potatoes, Reser’s® 
  •  1  cup frozen diced green pepper, Pictsweet® 
  •  4  boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry 
  •  11/2  teaspoons garlic salt, McCormick® 
  •  11/2  teaspoons ground black pepper 
  •  1  can (10-ounce) condensed cheddar cheese soup, Campbell’s® 
  •  3/4  cup Bass Ale® 
  •  3/4  cup bacon crumbles, Hormel® 
  •   Fresh chives, finely chopped, for garnish

Directions

  1. In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine onion, potatoes, and green peppers.
  2. Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker on top of vegetables.
  3. In a small bowl, stir together cheddar soup, Bass Ale, and bacon crumbles. Pour over chicken.
  4. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 31/2 to 41/2 hours.

    Serving ideas: Serve hot with chive garnish.

1 comment :

  1. I am trying this right now... I made two modifications.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished