Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Jalapeño Macaroni & Ham Bake



 If I could rename this recipe, I'd call it Grown Up Mac & Cheese.  A few weeks back I bought mac & cheese because it was BOGO at Publix.  I remembered coming across some Betty Crocker recipes using the deluxe box that looked pretty darn good.  After I got home from the store, I went back to my inbox to find the recipes.  I chose this one because hubs loves hot & spicy food.  I was trying to be a thoughtful wife =-).  I was also already using canadian bacon for another recipe, so this also allowed me to use food I already had at home (and saved me some $).  I LOVED this dinner.  Using the pepper jack cheese is a must.  It gave it the perfect kick.  Mixed with cheesy pasta and crunchy crackers, I couldn't get enough.  I didn't add the garlic or onions because I didn't think it needed it.  You'll definitely love this recipe! 



What You Need
2 pkg. (7-1/4 oz. each) KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1 Tbsp.  oil
15 slices OSCAR MAYER Deli Fresh Honey Ham, chopped (I used Canadian Bacon)
1 small  red onion, finely chopped (Omitted)
2 jalapeño peppers, seeded, chopped
2 clove  garlic, minced (Omitted)
4 eggs, beaten
4   KRAFT Big Slice Pepper Jack Cheese Slice, coarsely chopped
18 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup  fresh parsley, chopped


Make It

HEAT oven to 350ºF.

PREPARE Dinners in large saucepan as directed on package. Meanwhile, heat oil in medium skillet on medium heat. Add ham, onions, peppers and garlic; cook 5 min., stirring frequently.

ADD ham mixture to Dinners with eggs and chopped cheese; mix lightly. Mix cracker crumbs and parsley; stir half into Dinner mixture. Spoon into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining crumb mixture.

BAKE 35 min. or until center is set and casserole is heated through.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished