Monday, November 28, 2011

Pampered Chef- Enchilada Soup

The weather down in FL is getting chilly and I love it!  I checked the weather before I planned my meals for the week (don't ask) and couldn't wait to add some soups and slow cooker meals to the menu when I noticed the low temps.  I'm working on a Pampered Chef cooking challenge right now, which is why I chose this recipe. I used my crock pot for the soup and cooked it on low for 8 hours.  I cooked the meat and added all of the ingredients to the crock pot.  Mix it a few times, pour it in a bowl, let it cool for a minute and top with shredded cheese. Simple as that! 
*I served it with tortilla scoops.  

*My changes are noted in red.  Original directions are posted below.  

Enchilada Soup

 Ingredients:
3 1/2  cups beef broth
2  cups water
1/2  pound 95% lean ground beef *used 1lb of ground turkey
1/2  cup diced red bell pepper
1  garlic clove, pressed
1/4  cup masa harina (instant corn masa mix) or all-purpose flour
               * 8 oz tomato sauce 
2  cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
1  can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1  cup thinly sliced zucchini
*2 Tbs chopped jalapeno pepper
1/4  cup snipped fresh cilantro
2  tablespoons lime juice
Grated Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
*small handful of shredded mexican cheese before serving
 Directions:
1.Using Easy Read Measuring Cups, measure broth and water; set aside. In (4-qt.) Dutch oven, cook beef over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles. Add bell pepper and garlic to Dutch oven; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add masa harina, enchilada sauce, beans, broth and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer. 
2.Add zucchini to soup; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and lime juice. Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings (about 10 cups)

Nutrients per serving: (about 1 1/4 cups): Calories 130, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 14 g, Protein 10 g, Sodium 680 mg, Fiber 3 g 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished