Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pampered Chef- Savory Herbed Stuffing


For years my family has made an italian stuffing for Thanksgiving. It's a tradition.  While I love my family traditions, this one is not my favorite. A few years ago when hubs starting joining us, he felt the same way as I did.  So, this year we decided to add another stuffing to our Thanksgiving feast. I decided on this Pampered Chef recipe and am so glad I did.  Hubs loved it and it will definitely be our new tradition for Thanksgiving.  
* Changes I made: I omitted the onions and did not sauté the celery.  I liked the extra crunch the celery added.  I only added 2 Tbs of butter to the stuffing mixture since I didn't saute any veggies.  
*Next time I will make the following changes: I will chop the cranberries so that there is more sweetness in each bite.  I will also add some chopped walnuts to the mixture as well.
Savory Herbed Stuffing
Ingredients:
1  
package (14 ounces) herb-seasoned cubed stuffing
1/2  
cup sweetened dried cranberries
1  
tablespoon Pantry Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix
1/2  
cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1  
cup sliced celery
1  
cup chopped onion
2  
cans (14-141/2 ounces each) chicken broth



Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. In Stainless (6-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine stuffing, cranberries and seasoning mix. Melt butter in Professional (10-in.) Skillet over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add vegetable mixture and broth to stuffing mixture; toss until moistened.
Spoon stuffing into Rectangular Baker; cover with aluminum foil. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until stuffing is golden brown and heated through.


Yield: 16 servings

2 comments :

  1. I made this for dinner last night and it was a HUGE hit! I made a few changes - mostly b/c I was only trying to feed a family of 4. But still had the same flavors. It was delicious and as my husband said: "I tore it up. Avery tore it up." I guess that translates to: it was really good and make it again please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for putting this on your site. I generally make every year and I could not find my recipe box!! You're a life saver!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished