Monday, November 7, 2011

Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin








It's been a while since I've made a recipe from AllRecipes.com.  I used to go on the site all the time to find recipes, but with Pinterest I haven't had to do that much searching.  This week I wanted to use a pork tenderloin that I already had purchased.  I'm trying my best to plan recipes with food we have to save $. I knew I wanted a slow cooker/ crock pot recipe, so that is what I searched for. When I came across this recipe, my searched stopped. I have to give credit to my sweet husband for making this creation.  He was off today, so he volunteered to make dinner.  Sweet, right?  He said he did double the recipe, as it was recommended by many reviews.  This pork was amazing.  No knife was needed, but it wasn't falling apart coming out of the crock pot.  He served it with mashed potatoes and broccoli. This was an A+ dinner! Enjoy!


Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 pounds pork tenderloin
  • 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 3 fresh red chile pepper, finely chopped
  • 1/2 large onion, sliced
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Directions

  1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown tenderloins on all sides, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together teriyaki sauce, chicken broth, and brown sugar in a bowl. Stir in garlic, red chile pepper, onion, and black pepper.
  2. Put browned tenderloins into slow cooker, cover with the teriyaki sauce mixture. Cook on High for about 4 hours, turning 2 to 3 times during the cooking time to ensure even doneness.
  3. Remove tenderloins from the slow cooker and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. If desired, spoon liquid over slices when serving.

21 comments :

  1. Loved visiting you today. Love your blog!! Visit me when you have a free minute at thehiddenpantry.blogspot.com When I make this one I will give you full credit or link back to you. Thanks again. diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making this tonight for dinner for my husband and son to eat tomorrow, since it is girls night out. Will update you all on how they like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this! I've made this many times now and love it! I'm not even a huge fan of pork, but I've purchased it much more recently just because I love this recipe so much. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After cooking I added fresh broccoli,grated carrots and oriental ramen noodles into juice then added sliced pork. It made a great version of pork lomein. Thanks for easy recipe! SMELLED wonderful cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. Found a loin in my freezer and came upon this recipe at just the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have to use chili peppers?or what to use in place of¿

    ReplyDelete
  7. I noticed you said 'tenderloins" (plural) in your recipe. I have a large 1 pound or more tenderloin...will it work the same? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you may just have to watch it while it's cooking and not cook it so long to prevent it drying out.

      Delete
  8. My daughter is not crazy about pork....but her mom is. This sounds delicious... hoping when i make this with mash potatoes & apple sauce on the side i might change her mind!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished