Friday, May 3, 2013

Shrimp Stir Fry with Sugar Snap Peas

Shrimp Stir Fry with Sugar Snap Peas 
Courtesy of Very Culinary 


Results: Such a quick meal and healthy too.  I used brown instead of white rice because it's what we had at home.  I bought medium shrimp and will definitely buy large shrimp next time.  I used a few different spices to work with what I had at home.  Next time, I will look for the chili garlic sauce as I think it would take this dish up a notch.  I would still make it again, as is.  Enjoy!
My picture doesn't do this meal any justice.  
Boy do I miss my DSLR camera! 

Shrimp Stir Fry with Sugar Snap Peas 
Courtesy of Very Culinary 

Shrimp Stir-Fry with Sugar Snap Peas
Serves 4
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Ingredients
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
• 8 ounces sugar snap peas, strings removed
• 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
• 1/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium or gluten-free)
• 3 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
• 2 teaspoons chile garlic sauce
• 2 teaspoons cornstarch
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
• 3 cloves garlic, chopped
• salt and pepper
• 3 scallions, chopped, white and green parts separated
Directions
In a bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, chile garlic sauce, and cornstarch. Set aside.
Rub the ginger, garlic, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper all over the shrimp.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan or wok over high heat. Add the white scallions and saute for 30 seconds. Add the snap peas, sprinkle with a touch of salt and stir-fry until they’re crisp-tender, 1-2 minutes. Add the shrimp to the pan and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Whisk the soy sauce mixture and add it to the pan. Cook until the shrimp are opaque and the sauce has thickened, about 1 more minute. Toss the scallion greens in and remove from the heat.
Serve over white rice with some of the pan sauce.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished