Monday, June 2, 2014

Quinoa Shrimp Bowl

I've bene doing a lot of cooking with quinoa lately. Mostly because I've been trying to eat more clean and also because everyone in my family enjoys it, especially the toddler. I usually make a bag each week and add it to as many meals as I can. 

This meal was thrown together on a whim. I had cooked shrimp already in the fridge, along with quinoa and black beans. I added some tomatoes and avocado to make it a new favorite healthy lunch. It's just what I needed for these HOT summer days. Enjoy!



Ingredients:
- 2 dozen cooked shrimp (medium size)
- 1 cup quinoa cooked according to package instructions
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved 
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lime
- a little EVOO
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions: 
I decided to serve this meal cold. You could easily eat it warm as well. Since my shrimp, beans and quinoa were already cooked, I just added them to a large bowl. From there I added tomatoes and diced avocado. I squeezed lime juice over the top and added a touch of olive oil. I mixed all of the ingredients and added a little salt and pepper before serving.  

To serve warm, you could sauté or grill the shrimp. Cook the quinoa according to the package, warm the black beans and add the tomatoes and avocado. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished