We still have quite a bit of tilapia left from one of my super saver grocery trips last month ($7 for 3lbs). I'm continuing to search for different recipes to try with the fish. This one popped up in my inbox a few weeks ago from Taste of Home. I immediately knew it was something I wanted to try because I love capers. My love for capers developed in St. Lucia on my honeymoon. Before then, I don't recall ever eating them. Thank goodness I enjoyed them because they were in everything we ate! To me, they add a perfect salty burst of flavor to any dish. I served this fish with sweet potato fries. Delish!
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Place tilapia in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt; pour over the fillets. Sprinkle with capers, oregano and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.