Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Egg Nests

Here comes peter cottontail

Easter is right around the corner and I am looking forward to it.  I've been in a baking mood lately and have enjoyed coming up with some different holiday creations.  This is now the third time in three weeks I've made a variation of my snickerdoodle cups.  These cups couldn't be easier and are under $5 to make. I've now stocked up on cake mix and frosting incase I need to make these on a whim.  I have to say that this is the best one yet.  My absolute favorite.  They tasted like little german chocolate cakes. 


Ingredients: 
1 box of devil's food cake mix
1 egg
1 stick of butter (melted) 
green food coloring
1 cup of coconut
Robin's Eggs (whoppers) 
Frosting of your choice 


Directions: 
Melt your butter then add the cake mix and then the egg. Mix until it forms dough. 


Once you get your  dough, simply scoop into a mini muffin pan. I greased mine first. 

Bake at 350* for 8-10 min (until light brown)

When your cups come out of the oven they will be slightly brown, spray a mini tart shaper with cooking spray to help them not stick and press down the center of each cup. This will make the brownie bites in to a cup. 

Once all the tops are pressed down and the bites have cooled a bit, move them to a cooling rack. 

To finish them off, fill with your favorite frosting. 
I used chocolate buttercream for this recipe.  

Place a cup of coconut in a plastic bag and add a few drops of green food coloring.  Mix thoroughly until coconut is the color you want.  Empty onto a paper towel. I let it dry for 10 minutes.  Place 1-2 tsp of coconut on top of the frosting.  
Top them off with 2-3 Robin's Eggs.  




Happy Easter!



1 comment :

  1. I love Easter and I love this fun spin on deviled eggs! Will be doing this, my boys will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished