Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Basket Cupcakes

How cute are these?  I decided to make my students a special treat before the Easter weekend.  Thanks to Publix's BOGO on Duncan Hines Cake mix, I now have over 10 boxes at home.  I didn't feel like making a cake, so cupcakes it was.  
I made confetti cupcakes and frosted them with vanilla icing.  I bought Starburst jelly beans as "eggs" and sour strawberry straws for the basket handle.  I added some sprinkles to the cupcakes for additional color.  Love Love Love how these turned out.  I can't wait to see what my students think tomorrow! 


*Note: I used the entire straw and pushed both ends into the cupcake.  


1 comment :

  1. Love the new blog layout! These cupcakes are adorable! Your kiddos will be so impressed! But Duncan Hines? Seriously? Betty Crocker has the Box Tops!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished