Saturday, August 28, 2010
Chicken Veggie Casserole
This recipe was inspired by a recipe from Taste of Home magazine. Unfortunately, I can't remember which recipe to find the link. The original recipe had too many steps, so I was determined to find a way to make it easier. I think I was able to accomplish that goal, and it tasted delish. I can see this becoming a part of the weekly rotation.
1 whole rotisserie chicken
1 1/2 cups of sliced zucchini
1 1/2 cups of sliced squash
1 cup of mushrooms
2/3 cup of chicken broth
2 1/2 cups of cooked brown rice
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
1. Cook rice as directed on bag/box.
2. Pull apart chicken. Set aside in a bowl.
3. Saute mushrooms, zucchini, and squash until browned. Mix chicken and vegetables together in bowl.
4. Heat chicken broth on stove until warm.
5. In a 9x13 casserole dish, place rice in a layer on the bottom.
6. Top with chicken/vegetable mixture.
7. Pour broth over chicken, veggies, and rice.
8. Sprinkle cheese mixture on top.
9. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.