Monday, August 9, 2010

Greek Crostini


Birthday Recipe #5: I adapted this recipe to make it work for me and the time I had. Below you will find the directions from the original recipe. All I did was slice the bread, brushed on the oil and oregano mixture, put a slice of tomato and then a slice of feta on top. To top it off, I sprinkled a little more oregano and black pepper. I loved this one! It didn't need to be grilled to get a 10 in my book.

Ingredients
9 slices tomato
1/2 pound feta cheese, cut into six slices
1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Ground pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sliced French bread baguette, toasted
Directions
Arrange three tomato slices in a single layer on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with two slices cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano and 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with a dash of pepper. Repeat layers twice.
Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Transfer to a serving platter; serve with toasted baguette. Yield: 8 servings.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished