Monday, August 16, 2010

Sausage Veggie Grill


Summer veggie lovin! I think I made something like this before, but this is a (slightly) different recipe. Also, I take no credit for making this recipe. Yes, I found it. Yes, I bought the ingredients. Yes, hubs did the cooking. The only thing I he changed was leaving out the onions. Everything came out great. I especially liked it because it was veggies & meat and completely filled me up. Another plus is the nutritional info (notice I actually included it in the post!). We did add a little parmsean cheese before serving. Enjoy!!

Sausage Veggie Grill

Ingredients
1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch slices
1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
1 medium onion, cut into wedges
1 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon paprika
Directions
In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the oil, oregano, parsley, garlic salt and paprika. Pour over sausage mixture; toss to coat. Divide between two pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. x 12 in.). Fold foil around sausage mixture and seal tightly.
Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 cups) equals 359 calories, 29 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 993 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished