Sunday, August 1, 2010
Ice Cream Cake
Ice cream cake has been a family birthday tradition for as long as I can remember. It is always what we look forward to when going home for a birthday dinner. So, no more need to buy an ice cream cake from the store. Try this recipe out, it's sure to be a hit!
1 tub of cool whip (8 oz)
1/2 a container of cookies smashed (any kind)
1/2 gallon of ice cream (any kind) *Can be a little smaller if the carton of ice cream isn't quite a 1/2 gallon.
Jar of chocolate fudge
Preferred toppings (nuts, marshmallows, choc chips, candy pieces, etc)
1. Thaw ice cream until it's slightly melted.
2. Place smashed cookies in a layer at the bottom of a glass 8x8 dish.
3. Spread ice cream over cookies, about an inch thick. Spread with a spatula to make the top even.
4. Warm fudge and pour over ice cream.
5. Put cake in freezer for 2 hours.
6. Take out of freezer and top with cool whip. Spread evenly.
7. Top with desired toppings. Place back in freezer for 2-4 hours.
⋅ Labels: Dessert