Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pink & Green Baby Shower

I threw a pink & green baby shower for my MOH last month.  I spent lots of time working on the little details that I knew she would love.  Here are the pictures from the shower.  Below, you will find the links to the tutorials for each DIY project.  Also, another fabulous resource I used was a baby shower checklist I found at BabyShower101.com. It was a huge help in planning the day.  

Onesie Sugar Cookies.  I used pre-made sugar cookie dough, a onesie cutout from Michael's and this recipe for royal icing.  I love how these came out! 

No baby shower is complete without a diaper cake!  I stepped a little outside my box for this design using the flowers instead of stuffed animals.  I also doubled the amount of ribbon I usually use and love that added detail.  Click on the link for the diaper cake tutorial.  

Read a little about the advice jar here.  


I'm a big fan of edible favors, whether it's for showers or weddings.  Guests will most likely eat edible favors as opposed to a picture frame or wine opener or coaster.  I can't tell you where all the favors I've received at events end up.  So, I decided to make baby carriage shaped rice krispie treats.  I made a batch of rice krispie treats according to the directions on the package.  I made the royal icing (recipe link above) for the icing on top and the decorative work.  The cutter used was found at Michael's.  I wrapped all the favors in clear bags and tied them with a ribbon.  




I used the ribbon above to decorate pretty much anything I could for the shower.  I used this apothecary jar and filled it with gumballs to match the colors for the shower.  It was placed next to the diaper cake and advice jar.  

Even though I wanted to make cupcakes from scratch, time did not permit.  So, I went with the trusted box of cake mix.  I used strawberry with cream cheese icing and chocolate with vanilla icing.  I tied in the colors with the sprinkles on top.  



I'm now a huge fan of cake pops.  L-O-V-E them! And...I would say they were the guests favorites (any a favorite of my family who was in town that week).  Visit my post on Bakerella's cake pops for the link for directions and more pictures! 

center table


dessert table

drinks table

food table-cheese ball, spinach dip, pasta salad, subs, fruit salad, brie and more 

Diaper wreath used at the door as guests walked in.  Of course, it's pink and green. 

Party Punch.  Super simple to make and everyone was asking for the recipe!

I made this clothes line and banner to go in the front of the room. Since the shower was in my classroom, I wanted to cover all of my teacher stuff.  It worked perfectly!  I also made all of the white onesies and bought the rest at Target to match the shower.  


Centerpieces used on each table.  Bought the flowers at Michael's, used clear vases filled with pink and clear marbles.  Love that these can be used over and over again!


Here is the beautiful mommy to be and myself.  




Love it? Share it! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished