When I grew up we had pizza for dinner every Friday night. It was our family tradition, one I plan on continuing when I have kids. Hubs and I love pizza and enjoy making it on our own. I saw a picture on Pinterest, which was my inspiration for this dish. To be honest, I didn't know whether to title this post stromboli or calzone. I can never remember the difference. Either way, this is an easy dinner, perfect for a Friday night. Enjoy!
Pizza Dough (I used Pillsbury ready made dough)
Pepperoni (1/2 cup)
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (2/3 cup)
**any other toppings you desire**
1. Unroll dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
2. Pile your toppings down the middle of the dough.
3. Pour cheese over toppings.
4. Cut the edges of the dough. I used a smooth knife, you can also use kitchen scissors.
5. Fold edges over the center. I started at the top and folded in a downward slant.
6. Pour 2 tbs EVOO into a small bowl. Add spices. I added basil, oregano and garlic salt.
7. Brush mixture over the dough.
8. Bake at the temp and for the amount of time directed on the dough. I think mine was 375 for about 12-15 minutes.