Saturday, August 13, 2011

Skinny Loaded Nachos

I've been following Gina's Skinny recipes for a while now, but this is the first one I've made.  I made this one for the Bucs preseason game last night.  It's a perfect football snack/ dinner.  I made a few changes to the recipe, which I noted below.  Hubs and I put this in the middle of the couch and picked at it during the game.  Next time, we will have to invite friends over because there was tons left over!  Be sure to make this for one of football parties this season.  Go Bucs! 



Ingredients:
  • 4 oz baked tortilla chips (I used Baked Tostitos Scoops) I used a bag
  • 8 oz 99% lean turkey breast 1lb used
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 cup fat free spicy black bean dip mashed black beans and mixed 1tbs. salsa
  • 1 1/3 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese like Weight Watchers
  • 2 cups pico de gallo salsa 1 can of rotel
  • 1/2 cup light sour cream
  • 2/3 cup fresh cilantro

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425°. Place 1 oz (about 14) chips on four oven-proof dishes or one large baking sheet. 


Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over high heat. Add turkey. Season with cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper and sauté until cooked through, breaking up meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon. When cooked, add bean dip and mix well.

Spoon the turkey mixture over the chips and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake until cheese melts, about 6 minutes.

Remove the nachos from the oven, top with pico de gallo, sour cream, cilantro and jalepeñosServe immediately.


2 comments :

  1. These look so so good!! I love nachos and can't wait to try these...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished