Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Coconut Macaroons


I love coconut.  I also love recipes with very few ingredients.  Which is exactly why I ripped this recipe out of my Taste of Home magazine about a year ago.  I was looking for a light cookie to make for a group of friends, at the last minute.  I had all these ingredients on hand and 30 minutes to spare. I'm so glad I went with this recipe.  They were chewy, simple and delicious.  Enjoy!

  • 9 Servings
  • Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
101525

Ingredients

  • 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  • In a bowl, combine the coconut, flour and salt. Add milk and vanilla; mix well (batter will be stiff).
  • Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished