Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to School- Classroom Welcome Sign

I've decided to stick with my sports all star theme again this year in my third grade classroom.  This year, I decided to make a welcome sign for the door in my room.  Here is what I did: 

I started with a plain wood framed chalk board.  I found it in the wood section of Jo Ann Fabrics.  


I covered the wood edges of the frame with different sports ribbon, to match my sports theme.  I attached it to the back of the sign with hot glue.  


I then used wood sports decorations on each of the corners.  I used hot glue to attach them.  


To finish it off, I used Sharpie Paint Pens to write on the chalk board.  You could write in chalk and change the words as you wish.  I wanted it to stay, so I used white paint pen.  


3 comments :

  1. Love this! I may have to make one since my name changed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want to make them for my teaching partner and myself - what size chalkboard did you use?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished